Home

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fudgy, Gooey, Cocoa Brownies

 I've made these brownies more times this summer than I want to count. We really, really like them. And they're really simple to make.

For a large batch,
Put 4 sticks of butter in a large saucepan on high heat. Don't think about the amount of butter too much just stick them in the pot and melt them. :) Then wisk in...
Two cups of cocoa powder. Its a lot but it gives it a rich, deep chocolate flavor.
4 cups of sugar (I do cut back on this by about 1/3 of a cup)
Once blended together take the saucepan off the heat and add,
                                                                4 teaspoons of vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
       Six eggs (whisk them into the batter quickly otherwise you'll end up with scrabled eggs.)

2 cups of flour
Add 2 cups of chopped walnuts.

Bake at 350 degrees

And honestly I couldn't tell you how long this bakes. I'd set the timer for 35 minutes and check it. It depends on how hot your oven is but I usually end up baking them for 45 minutes or so. It just depends. But don't rely on the toothpick test because these are supposed to be very gooey. I usually bake them until the edges appear done but the middle looks a bit underbaked.


These are addictive. Just ask my family.

I'd say it probably serves about 15 people,
Or a mom and two teenage daughers.

No, I'm kiddng it usually last our family up to two days. :)

2 comments:

  1. Are these the brownies I had when I was there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size pans/pans do you use? I will have to make these... Although we may have to stock up on butter! :)

    ReplyDelete